Plots available at McAlpine Allotments

If you are interested in gardening, but would like extra growing space, why not think about having an allotment? There are currently plots available on the McAlpine Allotments on Old Loose Hill.  For further information please email

Would you like to volunteer with your local community?

There are a number of ways you can help out in your local community. First and foremost, you could ask to be co-opted onto your local parish council. The council currently comprises eleven councillors, rather than the thirteen it should have.  Elections are held every four years (assuming there are enough people standing), otherwise volunteers […]

Loose Parish Pavilion & King George V Playing Field available for hire

The Loose Parish Pavilion is a great venue for children’s parties, family gatherings, meetings and for community groups and local activities, It currently has a number of local clubs and societies that regularly use the venue (including of course the Loose Parish Council).  However, there is room to accommodate more bookings, during the week (particularly […]

Loose Neighbours – A Free Good Neighbour Service

Loose Neighbours is a voluntary organisation that seeks to act as a “good neighbour” to those in need of help or friendship in the Parish of Loose.  Their services are free of charge. If you would like transport to local medical and other appointments, or need help in emergencies, with shopping for instance, call them […]

NHP Update August 2016

LOOSE PARISH COUNCIL NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN – UPDATE Loose …a place apart Update August 2016 PROGRAMME In late September the draft Neighbourhood Plan (pre-submission consultation draft) will be offered to residents and businesses of Loose Parish for comment. Currently, the LPC are liaising with it’s consultants and Maidstone Borough Council over content. The comments from the […]

New Exercise & Play Equipment at KGV Playing Field

The new exercise & play equipment was installed at the KGV playing field in September & October 2014. The Loose Parish Council would like to thank all those who attended its opening on Saturday 25th October 2014.

How do I report potholes, problems with street lights, drainage and vegetation enquiries?

These are all dealt with by Kent County Council, Highways. The numbers you need to contact are as below: KCC Highways Helpline  03000 418181 and select: Option 1 – Driver Education and Speed Awareness Option 2 – Vegetation Enquiries Option 3 – Potholes Option 4 – Street lights enquiries and problems (most village lights are KCC-owned) […]

How do I report dangerous or out of control dogs?

Neither Loose Parish Council nor Maidstone Borough Council have the power to deal with dogs that are out of control/dangerous. This is dealt with directly by Kent Police.